Dental Cleanings & Exams in Oakbrook Terrace
George Rivera, DDS is proud to offer a full range of general dentistry services to families in eastern Illinois and beyond. Our general dentistry services help keep your oral health in excellent condition and include fillings, crowns, gum care, and more!
A healthy smile affects your overall physical health and wellbeing. To lower your risk of disease, your teeth and gums require routine maintenance and monitoring. We offer comprehensive general dentistry that helps our patients enjoy lifelong oral health and a radiant, comfortable smile.
Prevention Is Key
Prevention is key to keeping your smile healthy and disease-free for the rest of your life. We believe the best form of dentistry is the least amount of dentistry possible. In other words, we always strive to prevent harmful dental conditions whenever possible. Regular dental exams, cleanings, and digital x-rays help us detect and treat oral health conditions in the earliest stages.
- A thorough dental exam allows us to evaluate your oral health and look for signs of tooth decay and gum disease.
- Designed to keep your teeth and gums clean and healthy, our dental cleanings will give you a fresh and radiant smile. Using specialized tools, our hygienists gently remove plaque and tartar from your teeth, including all of the hard-to-reach places. At the end of your cleaning session, we will polish your pearly whites for extra shine.
- Digital x-rays help us diagnose underlying conditions such as decay, infection, cysts, bone health, and more.
We recommend receiving a dental exam and cleaning every six months. Patients with certain conditions like gum disease may need to visit more frequently.
Smile Restorations You Can Count On
Our teeth are meant to last a lifetime, but sometimes we need a little extra help along the way to keep our teeth healthy and functional. Whether you need a filling, crown, bonding, or bridge, we can restore your teeth to their natural appearance and function.
- Fillings – Fillings repair and reinforce the strength of a tooth after removing decay or infection.
- Crowns – Crowns protect and stabilize a cracked, decayed, or weakened tooth.
- Bonding – Bonding fills in and conceals minor chips and gaps between teeth, and it can protect your smile from stains and decay.
All of our restorative dentistry treatments are high-quality and long-lasting so that you can enjoy a stronger, more comfortable smile.
Complete Your Smile with Tooth Replacements
Saving your natural smile is one of our top priorities, but we understand that sometimes, this is not possible. If you have a gap in your mouth from a lost or removed tooth, we can help you find a natural-looking replacement tooth, or set of teeth, to complete your smile. Our tooth replacement options can improve your appearance and restore your ability to chew and speak comfortably.
Some of the tooth-replacement options we offer include:
- Fixed dental bridges – Fixed dental bridges replace a missing tooth by using neighboring teeth for support.
- Dental implants – We do not place dental implants in our office, but we can restore them by placing crowns.
- Dentures – A denture is a removable and durable prosthetic that replaces upper and lower sets of teeth.
- Partial dentures – Partial dentures replace one or more missing teeth by connecting a prosthetic to your natural existing teeth.
Gentle Periodontal Therapy
You can’t have a strong, long-lasting smile without healthy gums. Periodontal therapy focuses on gum health and prevents or treats gum disease. Our dental hygienists perform scaling and root planing to deeply clean and rehabilitate gum tissue. We also use soft tissue laser dentistry to support periodontal treatment.
Schedule Your Next Dental Visit Today!
The hallmark of our practice is patient education and prevention so we can stop oral health issues before they even start. We collaborate with our patients and specially design treatment and prevention plans with them to enjoy the benefits of a healthy smile. Contact us today to schedule your next dental appointment.
We look forward to helping you get your best smile!