Preventative Dentistry in Oakbrook Terrace
Maintaining your dental health is important for your overall physical health and wellbeing. Preventive dental care is integral to keeping your teeth and gums healthy for a lifetime. However, preventive care is more than just daily brushing or flossing.
To remain truly proactive in your oral health journey, you must regularly visit your Oakbrook Terrace dentist to receive professional dental care. At George Rivera, DDS, we provide comprehensive preventive dental care to patients all of ages and at all stages of life.
Family-Friendly Preventive Dentistry
Dr. Rivera’s key role as your general dentist is to guide you through your oral health journey, provide patient education, and prevent and treat any dental issues that could harm your health. Our team also helps you build healthier habits, so you can learn how to best care for your smile. To maintain optimal oral health, it’s best to combine good oral hygiene with professional dental exams and cleanings.
Some of the preventive services we offer include:
- Regular oral exams - Dr. Rivera checks for any signs of disease, decay, or other dental health issues by performing a thorough oral exam. We recommend receiving exams every six months to preserve the health of your teeth and gums.
- Teeth cleanings - Our skilled and experienced dental hygienists use special equipment to gently remove plaque buildup, eliminate bacteria, and reduce the risk of cavities.
- Routine x-rays - Dr. Rivera and our team use digital x-rays to detect underlying issues and identify potential irregularities early.
- Dental fillings - To repair the damage caused by cavities or an injury, Dr. Rivera offers durable tooth-colored fillings to match your smile.
- Dental crowns - Our customized dental crowns protect weak, damaged, or decayed teeth.
The Mouth-Body Connection
Your mouth’s health is directly connected to the health of your entire body. For example, people with an autoimmune disease, i.e., Crohn’s Disease, Lupus--or other conditions such as type 2 diabetes are more likely to develop periodontitis (gum disease). Periodontitis damages the oral cavity’s soft tissues and can even destroy teeth-supporting bones, which can eventually lead to tooth loss. However, studies have shown that managing gum and bone health can help control diabetes and vice versa.
Prevention Is the Best Medicine
Preventive dental care is essential to maintaining a strong and healthy smile. We encourage our patients to practice good dental hygiene and be mindful of their oral health habits. Regularly visiting your dentist can help you avoid developing or exacerbating potentially harmful health conditions. Routine visits are also the best way to avoid the discomfort and cost of complex dental procedures.
Dental exams and cleanings allow Dr. Rivera to assess and monitor your oral health, as well as promptly treat any underlying or emerging issues. Dr. Rivera is a compassionate and gentle dentist who values each patient and listens to their needs, concerns, and preferences. Ultimately, our team wants to help you and your family remain as healthy as possible by caring for your smile.
Schedule Your Next Dental Appointment Today in Oakbrook Terrace!
Our team at George Rivera, DDS has the experience and skills your family can trust. We offer Oakbrook Terrace and the surrounding areas comprehensive gentle dentistry in a comfortable and welcoming environment. To schedule your next dental exam or cleaning, please call us at (630) 592-4949.